21 August 2009

California Dreamin

This layout started out as an old Halloween costume made of red velvet. Now that no one fits into the costume anymore, I decide to tear it apart and use the material as a back cover for my layout. I used a hot glue gun (my best friend) to adhere the material to a piece of 12x12 card board. this layout is another of my many 3D layouts. I used paper to make small fans under the bottom scallops. This added a bit more height than I anticipated, so I used card board to build up the rest of the layout so it would be level.

For the title, I used a piece of cream colored ribbon and used rub on letters to spell out California Dreamin. I've never used that technique before and I found that it worked really well. I'll definitely be using that one again!

Thanks for stopping by and come back real soon!


Lynn B said...

Love this! such an awesome lo! Wonderful details on the flourishes! tds ;)