BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

07 August 2009


This is my newest layout of my daughter Erica. The picture was taken at Dow Gardens in front of a beautiful white cement bridge. Unfortunately, the bridge didn't photgraph as nice as I had had hoped and came out bright white and nearly invisible. So, I used the Picasa program to change the picture color to sepia and focus more on Erica, than the bridge.

To make the flower, I drew a tulip shape on thin cardboard and cut it out. Then I glued a coordinating piece of paper from the Wild Saffron collection by K&Company on top of it. After letting it dry for a bit , I used an Xacto knife to cut around the tulip shape. Using thin cardboard allows the finished piece to be bendable. I bent the flower in a couple of places to make it look more three dimensional and inked the edges. I made the stem using floral wire and floral tape. The long leaf is a piece of cardstock wrapped in floral tape. A foam adhesive circle was placed under the bloom to help hold it up. I used hot glue to attched it to the page.

I wanted to keep the layout simple to go with the saying on it.....Living is not enough. One must have Sunshine, Freedom and a little flower.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope to see you again really soon!

0 comments: